Medical Mission Outreach
The aim of the JHM Medical Mission Outreach is to provide short term access to medical, surgical & dental care in poor, under-served, overlooked and vulnerable communities in the countries where we serve or have mission partners overseas. The aim is to improve the health, wellness, and quality of life of the local indigenous peoples who have no financial resources to pay for good quality healthcare or are living in remote areas where medicines & medical facilities are not readilly available.
We aim to provide medical outreach in various areas of medicine such as General medical practice, Accident and Emergency, Dermatology, Dentistry, General Surgery, Maternity and Midwifery, Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Occupational Therapy, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pathology, Physiotherapy, and Ultrasound and other medical sub-specialities.
We invite you to get in touch and join hands with us for this special mission assignment either you are medically qualified or not.
Our mission outreached is aimed at being an all year round experience, subject to volunteer medical staff availability.
WHO ARE THE TARGETED BENEFCIARIES:
Here are the categories of the vulnerable people the project serves:
- Babies, toddlers and young children.
- Pregnant & vulnerable mothers.
- Girls & Women of all ages living in poverty, destitution or homelessness.
- Elderly persons & widows.
- People (male & female) living in homelessness, poverty & destitution.
- Persons living in far & remote areas and lacking access to medical facilities.
How do you operate the JHM Medical Outreach Project?
We gather a team of medical personnel & volunteers to go on mission outreach trips to targeted communities that we serve.
These are doctors, surgeons, nurses,midwives, dentists, physiotherapists, pharmacists and other allied medical professionals with any level of experience who feel called to go overseas to help the poor as volunteers. The teams may originate from any country and we connect them to our medical contacts & local outreach doctors and staff on the ground with whom they can work during their stay in the mission field.
Average mission duration can last from 7 days, 14 days, 28 days or longer depending on the availability of qualified medical staff and volunteers and the medical supply available at the time. WHAT WE DO:
- We do our local research, identifying the areas of serious need before putting together a suitable team.
- We gather the appropriate qualified medical team per trip and appoint a team leader.
- We make all arrangements for our volunteers, including transportation, lodging/meals, government permits, and clinic logistics.
- We secure equipment, supplies, and medicines from through our partners with pharmaceutical, medical supply companies, hospitals, and others. We provide our services without charge or discrimination and we serve the patients irrespective of race, religion, creed or affiliation.
- We pray for and over our medical teams before, during & after their mission trip as they give themselves for the sake of others.
- We ensure their flight plans, tickets and mission logistics are well fine tuned and their connections, transfers & contacts are all in place.
- We provide security for the team whilst they are on the ground serving the people.
- We ensure that they have their passports, travel documents & vaccinations in good & sound order before their departure.
- We arrange and provide translators to assist our teams on the ground where/when necessary and/or are required
- We esnure mission participants have their food allergies and medical allergies noted and responded to during the mission trips.
- We provide community health education to empower people regarding their own health.
- We also empower the whole community about their health, sanitation and disease prevention steps to take daily.
- We endeavour to assist with the people we serve with water & sanitation projects as often as we can in partnership with other agencies/providers.
- To be qualified in their field of medical, dental or pharmaceutical practice.
- To provide proof of their verifiable medical qualifications.
- To provide at least two references.
- Submit to a CRB check as they will be working with vulnerable women & children.
- To diagnose and treat illnesses & refer patients to local hospitals for emergency
- To perform within the scope of their qaulification and speciality only.
- To exhibit the highest quality of bedside manners and be gemtle & kind to all the patients they attend to.
- To work with and alongside other professionals in a collaborative & complimentart fashion.
- To educate patients about their condition with gentleness, kindness and compassion.
- To assist our local medical team in better informing the local people about easilly transmittable diseases, sexually transmitted infections, fecal and water-borne infections, skin infections, eye infections and other conditions.
- To comply with and respect all JHM mission outreach terms and conditions.
- Not to engage in sexual or romantic relationships with local citizens whilst on the mission.
- To respect all the local laws and customs without exception.
- To pay for your own travel ticket, transfers, transport & hotel/hostel accommodation during the trip.
Open Door Policy:
- You can sign up to coming on a mission trip either as a medical personnel or as a general mission volunteer.
- You can donate towards any mission trip(s).
- You can help us to fundraise for the mission trip(s).
- You can help to get others to fundraise for JHM for sending missionaries abroad.
- You can help procure medical supplied that are not out of date to take on the mission trip abroad.
- You can help to blog or raise awareness for our medical mission activities and other mission prgrams.
- You can come along as a pre-health student (pre med, pre dental or pre-nursing) or aspiring medical professional seeking internship/mission experience.
- Gap-year students are welcome to come along to broaden their life experience.
- Medical schools and their students are welcomed to join & participate in our program.
If you interested in partnering with us for medical missionss, we welcome your hand of partnership.
To get sign up for medical mission, please complete the form below & we will contact you as quickly as possible.
Please note that all our volunteers are required to go through our training & orientation program.
Please note that in instances where individuals may work with us directly with women and children, a CRB check will be required.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Thank you & God bless you!
Thanks for Your Generous Donation! - God bless!
You can send donations directly to our bank account below:
Jannet Hopewell Ministries Scotland Limited
Sort Code: 08-71-99
Account No: 22029290
To donate using PayPal please click the link below:
PAYPAL OFFERING LINK We invite you to get in touch and join hands with us for the mission work set before us.
Thank you & may the LORD bless up always!