Definition of domestic Violence
Are you wondering what domestic violence of abuse is?
Get in touch if you are going through domestic violence & abuse. if you need emergency assistance or in danger, dial 999.
Domestic violence is a pattern of terrorising behaviours used to control an intimate partner. It includes emotional, sexual, physical and financial abuse. A domestic abuser or batterer, uses physical or sexual violence, emotional hurt and threats to exercise control over the victim. It causes victims to change their behaviours in response to the abuse/abuser. Domestic violence occurs in all socio-economic, racial and religious groups. Sexual orientation is no protection nor is age or gender!
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- If you or anybody you know is in an abusive relationship, please get help today!
- If you are in fear for your life or in imminent danger call the police right away!
- WARNING: Domestic Violence is a serious crime - It is against the law! Call 999
- The police will speak to you separately from your partner / ex-partner.
- Their first priority is the safety of you and any children.
We provide practical, sensible and counselling support to victims. We do our best to direct them in the right direction for getting
- Signs of Abuse are:
- Being pushed or shoved you
- Held you to keep you from leaving,
- Slapped or beat you,
- Kicked, choked, hit, or punched you
- Locked you out of the house,
- Abandoned you in a dangerous place,
- Refused to help you when you were sick, injured, or pregnant,
- Subjected you to reckless driving,
- Forced you off the road or kept you from driving,
- Threatened or hurt you with a weapon
- On average 2 women per week die at the hands of their partner in domestic abuse situations.
- Between 2009 and 2015, 936 women were killed by men. Of these, 598 (64%) were killed by their current or former partners and 75 (8%) by their sons.
- Domestic violence or abuse is not love. It is a crime! Flee from it as soon as possible!
You can send donations directly to our bank account below:
Jannet Hopewell Ministries Scotland Limited
Sort Code: 08-71-99
Account No: 22029290
To donate using PayPal please click the link below:
PAYPAL OFFERING LINK We invite you to get in touch and join hands with us for the mission work set before us.
Thank you & may the LORD bless up always!